Greener by design
We are würking towards a cleaner environment
From an early design stage, we at Würk Furniture look into how our actions will impact the environment. And we incorporate our environmental policies in everything we do. From the planning stage, through manufacturing, to transportation.
- We embrace simple design made from recycled materials. We maximize the use of materials that do not end up in landfills at the end of their life cycle.
- Simple design reduces the energy needed to manufacture the product. Focusing on lightweight, recyclable materials reduces the resources required to transport the product.
- We reuse the shipping material. Our partnership with local installation companies allows us to coordinate the return of packaging material such as furniture blankets and skids.
- We use only suppliers of laminates with LEED Certification, whose products qualify for up to 6 credits.
- We only purchase boards that comply with the Phase 2 limit for the California Air Resource Board (CARB).
- We use products from sustainable forests.
- We use galvanized steel, which lasts much longer than painted steel. The use of galvanized steel also eliminates the need for painting, which would produce additional chemical emissions.
- 90% of our suppliers are located within 100 kilometres of our facility.
- We never use fiberglass because it cannot be recycled at the end of its life cycle.
Würk Furniture is committed to and will continue to develop products that are environmentally friendly. We are continuously working to reduce our carbon footprint.